In view of IATA's decision to introduce e-ticketing from 1 January 2008, Russian airlines and agents implemented e-ticketing. Electronic Ticket is a method todocument the sale and track usage of passenger transportation.
The issuing airline, whose accounting code is displayed in electronic transmission on flight coupons (validating carrier), authorizes and controls e-ticketing, stores all e-ticketing transactions in database.
E-ticketing transaction data are sending over Edifact standardsand are stored in accordance with the IATA standard (resolution 722g). E-ticket data may be accessed in real time for at least 13 months from the date of issue.
E-ticketing server is designed in accordance with IATA resolutions № 722f/722g/722h/724/735d and supports all data exchange standards, EDIFACT telegrams processing, data storage requirements.
The main function ETS 2000:
- Authorization and control of e-ticketing;
- Storage of all e-ticketing transaction in data;
- Creating and updating of referenced data;
- User access management for database;
- Reservation and registration adjustments;
- E-ticket search;
- Flight coupon history reporting;
- Statistical data acquisition and reporting.